AA for the 21st Century
The Twelve Steps
1. Admitted that we were complete failures and decided to blame it all
2. Decided to give authority one more chance.
3. Agreed to let God (as we would like God to be) take care of us.
4. Took a moral inventory of everybody else.
5. Tried to impress God, ourselves, and another human being with the drama and glamor of our drinking story.
6. Became entirely ready to have God on our side.
7. Humbly asked Him/Her to make us perfect.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to annoy them with our guilt and remorse.
9. Visited each of those people and proved to them that we had now become spiritually superior to them.
10. Whenever we were wrong, promptly admitted it so that we could get out of the consequences of our mistakes as quickly as possible.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to gain complete control of God (as we would want God to be).
12. Having failed to have a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to convince everyone that we had, and resolved to continue to not drink and see what happens.