God:
The Universe Personified
Ayeshaya

Graphic Rule

From: Positive Atheism <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: Ayeshaya
Subject: Re: via What is Positive Atheism?
Date: Saturday, May 22, 1999 7:07 AM

If this human-created concept turns out not to be accurate, then how are we obtaining a better understanding of the universe. I'll grant that, at minimum, you have a more comforting picture of the universe, but unless you can demonstrate this as a valid concept -- a concept that attempts to describe what the universe is like -- I don't see how such a concept can give us a better understanding of the universe.

Nevertheless, I respect your theism more than I respect the theism that is popular in the United States, because if the universe is God, then it seems it would become sacreligious to exploit or injure others or our environment.