Positive Atheism:
Another Religion
Jim Cross

Graphic Rule

From: "Cliff Walker" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Jim Cross"
Subject: Re: PA-via_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:26:31 -0800

How can a philioshphy that excludes the notion of "gods" be called a religion? Is that not a patent abuse of the word "religion"?

From: "Cliff Walker" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Jim Cross"
Date: Monday, March 15, 1999 4:16 PM

I agree that this is true for many elements among atheistic activism. This is why I left United States Atheists, why I am very skeptical of invitations to join up with American Atheists and Internet Infidels, and why I have branched out on my own to begin formulating a Western version of Gora's Positive Atheism philosophy. Gora's book is at:
http://www.PositiveAtheism.org/india/gora21.htm
http://www.PositiveAtheism.org/india/gora22.htm
My goal is to distill the essence of Gora's philosophy and, perhaps, apply it to today's situation in the west. This is no easy deal, and I have limited personal resources due to health problems.

I would like to send you the March, 1999 edition of "Positive Atheism" magazine which is focused along the lines of what you are saying. I haven't had time (or don't have the rights) to post some of the material in the magazine. Other material is excerpted from larger pieces already on the Web. This is why it would be simpler to just send you the magazine itself.

Yes, I am "anti" certain forms of theism, but then I do (and must) count many theists among my most trusted allies.

Meanwhile, the definition I use for "atheism" is a long one (this is no easy deal), and lives at:
http://www.PositiveAtheism.org/writ/smith.htm