From: Abraham Smith <ASmith2229@aol.com>
To: Positive Atheism <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 1999 12:18 AM
Subject: WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index

How are you doing?

It would help me understand your position better if you would consider answering the following questions. Would you? I hope you will!

How can we determine if anything has an intelligent source for its origin? Please give me your standard. If I should tell you that the heart, lung, kidney, thyroid, skin, digestive system, brain, liver, and gall bladder are all essential to life, would you disagree? Do you believe that these organs came into existence step by step or one at a time? If I should tell you that these organs are generated by different sets of gene combinations, would you disagree? If I should tell you that the DNA of life contain more information than a 1000 volume of encyclopedias, would you disagree? What other choices may an individual rationally believe other than that essential components to the function of a system must all be available at the start of a system? If all essential components of living organisms must be present in order for life to exist, does this not imply or prove that the genes responsible for such organs must be all present as well? If I should tell you that all organic material (in essence genes, proteins, etc) are very fragile and unstable outside the confines of a cell and are easily destroyed, would you disagree? If you answered "no," would you agree that it would be irrational to believe that all this organic material could survive very long apart from a living system? If you answered "yes," please support your answer "yes." If you were sent to a distant planet and found a computer there, would this be enough to convince you that intelligent life had been present? Would you disagree with me if I said that the human brain could do in a second what it would take the best computer 100 years to do the same? Would you disagree with me if I said that all nature has a natural tendency to go from order to disorder? If you agree with this, in view of atheism, please explain how did we get the order that is in the universe to start with? Is outside energy to a system enough to produce complexity? Must that energy be regulated by something else that is also complex? If energy must be regulated thus controlled by an additional complex system, how can we explain how this additional system developed its complexity if the natural tendency of matter is to go toward disorder? Doesn't this imply that an intelligent source is needed? Aren't intelligent sources responsible for all machinery with several essential parts? Is atheism rational? Please take the time to answer (not evade) these questions! I will be waiting for your answers, Lord willing!!!

Sincerely,

Abraham Smith

Graphic Rule

From Cliff Walker

[...]

From Stephen A. Lonsdale

Graphic Rule

From Walt Wentz

[...]

From James Archer

Graphic Rule

From Elizabeth Main

Graphic Rule

From Larry

Graphic Rule

From: Art Haykin

Graphic Rule

From Jyoti Shankar

[...]

From Alex Mayor

Graphic Rule

From Alan Urdaibay

How are you doing?

It would help me understand your position better if you would consider answering the following questions. Would you? I hope you will!

How can we determine if anything has an intelligent source for its origin? Please give me your standard.

If I should tell you that the heart, lung, kidney, thyroid, skin, digestive system, brain, liver, and gall bladder are all essential to life, would you disagree?

Do you believe that these organs came into existence step by step or one at a time? If I should tell you that these organs are generated by different sets of gene combinations, would you disagree?

If I should tell you that the DNA of life contain more information than a 1000 volume of encyclopædias, would you disagree?

[...]

From Harry Rayhel

Graphic Rule

From Raymond J. Franz

Graphic Rule

From Craig Skelton

Graphic Rule

From JohnPaul Slater

Graphic Rule

Cliff Walker Responds

Graphic Rule

From Tommy Starr

Graphic Rule

Cliff Walker Responds

Graphic Rule

From Tim Gorski

From: Abraham Smith
To:
[Suppressed]
Cc: [Suppressed: Apparently this was CCed to everyone who has ever written
    to Positive Atheism in the past three years -- except Cliff Walker.
    We have taken action on this matter, having notified the culprit's server
    of this behavior. It's not as if America Online ever cared about ethical matters
    or quality internet or anything of that nature.]
Date: Thursday, August 19, 1999 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: Blind faith

Hello to all.

I have viewed some letters that you have written to Mr. Cliff Walker. So I decided to send you a copy of some questions that I posed to him along with his answers and my response in an attachment. Most if not all have some beliefs or lack there of about God. I hope you will consider what I present and I would like to know what you think. If you do not want any more email from me, you can let me know that as well.

Sincerely,
Abraham Smith

Graphic Rule

Tim Gorski Responds:

Graphic Rule

From Cliff Walker
Abraham Smith SPAMs Our List: Many Angry

From Samuel Johnston

Graphic Rule

Samuel Johnston Responds:

Graphic Rule

From [Suppressed]

Graphic Rule

From Dorman Blazer

From Kozuh

Graphic Rule

Cliff Walker Responds

Graphic Rule

From Dorman Blazer

Graphic Rule

From Larry Bierman

Graphic Rule

From Roger Scott

Graphic Rule

From Dorman Blazer

As to the matter of a fair hearing. The tests is by your own rope: by your fruits you shall be know.