Landover Baptist On Your
Goofy Guide To Religion
Sarah Andrews Cook

Graphic Rule

From: Positive Atheism <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: Sarah Andrews Cook
Subject: Re: Your goofy guide to religion
Date: Tuesday, July 20, 1999 6:50 AM

The "no hidden jokes" bit is derived from the introduction to one of occultist Aleister Crowley's books (The Book of Lies). The publishing date on the Title Page is alleged by some to be a lie.

I put this bit there solely to get people scratching their heads, and to alert that small percentage of readers that I am, at minimum, vaguely aware of Crowley's works -- which will, in turn, get a few Crowley fans scratching their heads, too!

As for Landover, I thought so, although I wasn't too sure at first. But then, so are all the Discordian sites I have listed. Truth is, I sometimes cannot tell if the Roman Catholic Church is a cruel joke disguised as a religion -- or vice versa.

I think I originally stumbled upon the "Right to Discriminate" page through a search engine, if I remember correctly. However, I fail to see how including this link undermines the integrity of our site. Thus, after reviewing their site more thoroughly, I have copied the link and pasted it into our "And" Index and listed it as a parody. This way, more people might see it.

(And to think that people actually read our "Goofy Guide to Religion" index!)