Did The Universe
Have A Beginning?
Dansberger

Graphic Rule

From: Positive Atheism <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Sunday, November 07, 1999 10:38 PM

Even if the Big Bang happened (and it sure looks as if that's the case), there is nothing to rule out the idea that our universe is but a short-lived bubble within a much larger, much older system (Victor Stenger). If so, then it is conceivable that the larger system had no beginning.

Another view (Stephen Hawking) describes the Big Bang as having no boundary. I'm not sure what this means, but from Hawking's viewpoint, it is not proper to speak of the Big Bang (or the universe) as having had a beginning.