Regarding Mr. Celata, Jr.
Gregory Tinkler

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Gregory Tinkler"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 4:34 PM

He could have referred to the rulebow.gif (above) which I made to replace the <HR> (horizontal rule) HTML code. The rulebow.gif appears on most of the letters, and it appears on the page that contains the link from where he sent the letter.

If so, I used the rulebow.gif because it was so easy to make: create a six-pixel-wide image, place one of each of the colors in the color wheel, and resample it to 400 pixels wide (or however wide rulebow.gif is).

In any case, we see another case of where fundamentalistic loyalism has prompted a man to write a letter that we can both learn from and laugh at.

In no case, though, will we judge all Christians from Mr. Celata's actions. Mr. Celata is Mr. Celata. Christianity is Christianity. Christianity is but one vehicle that Mr. Celata could have used to express his bigotry: it could have easily been Islam, patriotism, or even atheism. This is the most important thing for us to remember, that atheism doesn't make us immune to the thinking style that makes up bigotry.