Discussing Atheism;
Groups In Australia?
Julieta

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "sarah dearne"
Date: Sunday, July 09, 2000 3:50 AM

Before discovering this stuff, I was pretty much in the same boat. It has helped me so much that I have gone to the trouble of digesting the works of several noted scholars and making it available to those who might find a use for it. It sure has settled my own mind on many matters. I often resort to what I have written when confronted by people of various stripes who either have something to sell or who wish to denigrate me for my position.

In our Web Guide under "Local," we list two resources for meeting atheists or finding groups anywhere in the world. The two we know of are: Freethought Contacts Page (formerly Atheist Around The World); Freethought Directory.

If all else fails (or even if it doesn't), you can always start your own group. In America, the local library and university allows outside groups to meet, and cannot discriminate. Otherwise, you may find someone to allow a group to meet in a house. (You might even find a liberal-minded church that will rent space to you, for gaud sakes!)