From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "tom jones"
Subject: Re: Question
Date: Sunday, July 16, 2000 4:00 PM

I am not familiar with Lewis or his story, so I am the wrong one to ask.

There are plenty of Lewis pages out there, but most of them seem to be run by fans of his Christian apologetics. Nevertheless, this would be a good way to come up with information.

I belong to <TWAIN_L> and can ask the most obscure questions about Mark Twain and probably find the answers, because almost all of the Mark Twain experts still living belong to this forum. I'm sure there's a similar discussion list for Lewis experts. I'd start by doing a search for Lewis webpages and hope that you eventually bump into links that show you how to join the primary Lewis forum (if it exists, which it probably does). In lieu of finding a Lewis list along the lines of <TWAIN_L>, you could write to the webmasters of the various Lewis sites. (I think many Christians now call themselves "webservants" rather than "webmasters" which, to me, is a cute play on words and an effective comment on the Christian outlook of humility -- which, thankfully, many Western Christians still try to practice.)

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "tom jones"
Date: Monday, July 17, 2000 12:55 PM

I posted the exchange and provided some links to verify that Lewis was, indeed heavily influenced by MacDonald. I also put up a link to join a (Christian) MacDonald list. This is where you can most likely find out where the big-time MacDonald lists are. Who knows? You might get your question answered satisfactorily here. The big-time Lewis list is probably the best bet, but I don't know where it is.