Where Can I Get
The Film 'Marjoe'?
Ann Lesley

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Ann Lesley"
Subject: Re: PA-via_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 6:33 PM

I don't know. I only presented the piece about Marjoe because he shows that the phenomenon of "speaking in tongues" is contrived by the believer, and is not necessarily supernatural. I'd love to see the film itself. If you cannot find it at one of your local video rental outlets, try one of the national ones on the Internet (they mail it to you and you mail it back when you're done). If nothing else, contact one of the local "art" theaters (such as would show the original "Casablanca" or "Dr. Strangelove") and see if they can come up with the 35mm copy and show it some time. If it means that much to you, you can probably rent the film and the theater during off hours and hold a private screening. I have known friends to have done this before. But, I'm sure the video is out there somewhere. Hell, videos are great money-makers, and they'd be fools to keep one like this under wraps.