The Center For
Progressive Christianity
Jim Adams

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Jim Adams"
Subject: Request for info and a few questions
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2000 10:25 PM

We received a letter written from you to Bill Garrett and would like to post it in his discussion with us, since it is part of his reply. I had pointed out that most churches are still about tribal loyalty rather than progress and truth seeking and he replied by sending us your letter with a request that we post it. I have also been talking with Chaplain Al Holm of An Interfaith Chapel of Common Sense Ministry but have only posted one letter from him. I am hoping another discussion will ensue since our discussions with Garrett and two pantheists this week have radically changed our outlook. As I explained to Chaplain Holm, our main concern is the stigma that atheists have always endured. Look up atheism in Mirriam-Webster's and see what I mean. "Wickedness"? My god!

We would also like to be on any mailing list you have. Thank you.

Material by Cliff Walker (including unsigned editorial commentary) is copyright ©1995-2006 by Cliff Walker. Each submission is copyrighted by its writer, who retains control of the work except that by submitting it to Positive Atheism, permission has been granted to use the material or an edited version: (1) on the Positive Atheism web site; (2) in Positive Atheism Magazine; (3) in subsequent works controlled by Cliff Walker or Positive Atheism Magazine (including published o