Portraying Atheism
In A Positive Light
Sue

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: Sue
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2000 7:31 PM

Get used to the "A" word. It's not evil. I tell people that atheist are people who simply lack a god belief for whatever reason. This knocks the wind out of any argument that says you have to know everything or scour the universe to be able to say there is no god. Tell them that people making an existential claim ("There is a _____.") are the ones responsible for proving their claim. Those listening to those claims have every right to demand proof for those claims. Study the Clues section of our website to learn the wiles of argumentative chicanery and how to sidestep false logic when it is hurled your way.

Are you an American? I am! Because I am proud to be an American, every time I spend currency, I take out my pen and cross out the word "GOD" on the back of the bill. Then I write "Religion OFF!" on the bill. I do this right in front of the cashier. Later, I developed the nerve to write "Atheist Money" on the bill. This exercise worked wonders with me.

If anybody asks if it's illegal, tell them that it's illegal only to deface coins or to make bills appear to be a different value than they are. Tell them you'd like to be the test case where your right to speak out against what your government does is pitted against the government's right to keep you from defacing currency.