The Wiles of
Christian Apologists
[unsigned]

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: PA-via_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Sunday, October 15, 2000 3:29 AM

I have heard many of these myths for years. The blood clotting thing, as far as I can tell, is a lie. The studies of the Bible Code are hilarious in that you can do this to any book and come up with some pretty amazing stuff just by chance (and, of course, by fudging the numbers a bit).

Meanwhile, the Bible is not only full of contradictions and errors, it is an atrocious book: even if it were all that it's cracked up to be in these other areas, I would not abide by its barbaric teachings. But it is not what it's cracked up to be at all. Check out the Biblical Errancy website for the other side of the argument.

Also check out some of the skeptical write-ups of the Bible code and delve into some of the non-biblical morality of the likes of Robert Green Ingersoll and Thomas Paine and John Dewey and Margaret Knight and Frances Wright. We have all these and more in our Big List of Quotations. Then compare these thoughts with the likes of Pat Robertson in our Scary Quotes section.

The truth is that those who think for themselves come up with the best ideas, while those who believe an ancient scroll are believing an ugly wicked lie. Nothing is infallible and there is no way for people to see into the future or transmit their thoughts without some sort of medium for this information to be transmitted over. The Bible is a human creation -- all too human. It is woefully outdated because since it was written we have discovered that humans can think for themselves and that humans can be trusted.