No Leprechaun
In Cliff's Cubs Hat
Johan Grahn

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Grahn, Johan"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Friday, September 22, 2000 10:04 AM

Ah, but you see, the leprechaun is campaigning for Ralph Nader! He's a member of the party affectionately known as the "green" party, but he's rather new at it (a bit "green" as they say in America!) and likewise a bit under the weather ("turning green" means about ready to vomit).

Naw, you got me! You are the only one to point out this deliberate logical impossibility that I've been presenting for about a year. I introduced the leprechaun into my Burden of Proof routine (because I love the word) in the beginning of 1999. He became "green" by about May of that year ("God Loves You Abusively"), and I immediately latched on to the invisible bit by June, which is the earliest I see the concept of the "invisible green leprechaun" in my work ("Why I Do Believe In God"; "An Egocentrism That Insist On The Utter Renouncment Of Authority"). I've been tossing this one out with a blase and accustomed look on my face (so to speak) for over a year, and somebody finally got it: green and invisible are logically impossible, so an "invisible green" leprechaun cannot exist (unless, of course, I get sneaky about the definition of one or more words!).