From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 9:42 AM

The best description we have of the origin of the universe is the Victor Stenger interview. His book Not By Design is a more detailed look at that information, and he has a new book coming out soon.

Also, if you look through our Letters section (I know, it recently passed a phenomenal 600 files), you will see several examples of my interpretation of what Stenger says is the most current version of how the universe came to be. You might want to go to the search engine and type in "universe" to find these. If you do this (if the search engine is still around by the time you read this; I'm thinking of getting rid of it, but will put forwarding links to its replacement if I do), your best bet is to click the URL below the description rather than the page title, as this takes you straight to the page. Clicking the page title takes you through the search engine company's frame.

As for evolution, Richard Dawkins is the best basic look at that aspect of our development. There are other variations of the evolution account, to be sure, but Richard Dawkins is one of the best writers around, besides being a brilliant scientist. We have several of Dawkins's writings up (they are all over the Internet) and you can find them listed in our Writings Index.