'Inherit The Wind':
A 'Reconstruction'!?
Andy Bradbury

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
Subject: Re: PA-via_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Friday, February 23, 2001 11:25 PM

You'd have to point to the file in question; I cannot find this language using any of our search engines, either local or on-site. I searched for and checked every occurence of the strings "inherit the wind" and "reconstruction."

So, I cannot respond to something when I don't know who wrote it or what it was saying (you do not provide a direct quotation, but merely your own summary of what you think it said). And if someone else said something like this, then only that person can respond to your charges, or explain to you what she or he meant with the word reconstruction.

I do know that I haven't seen the movie nor was I at the trial. We have transcripts of the trial, and I've heard that the film takes a few liberties: I don't care enough about the movie to spend my time going over the details about how it differs from what we know. I also don't believe everything I read on the Web, especially when they're discussing a subject about which I know very little (movies).

But if you can show that this language is on our website, I'll respond to its being posted. And if you can show that I wrote it (I don't think I did; I seldom if ever speculate on matters about which I know little -- such as movies), then I'll respond according to what I meant to say, not what you tell me I said.