Tired Of Countering
'Biblespeak' With Logic?
(unsigned)

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org> To:
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Saturday, February 03, 2001 6:50 PM

Our motive is to display the bigotry, while trying to show a better way. These are the letters that we get. Most of them don't bother to read anything in our website, but merely click the "Webmaster" link on the front page. What this tells me is that all they've bothered to look at is the word atheism.

Meanwhile, we do get many thoughtful letters from both atheists and theists.

But were it not for my anti-bigotry efforts, I would send all the bigoted letters straight to the Deleted Items folder. However, I suspect that displaying the bigotry can work powerfully to reduce it, so I post it. This is why I leave so many of them uncorrected (barely readable); otherwise, they would suspect me of tampering with their words.