I Don't Want To
Go To War Unarmed
David Mixon

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "David Mixon"
Subject: Re: WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:05:16 -0000

Our Web Guide, under Science, contains quite a list of evolution websites.

The National Academy of Sciences, the most prestigious group of scientists in the United States (and the world) has a wonderful page with an extremely easy-to-grasp collection of articles designed for high-school level reading.

The best book for appreciating the sheer wonder of the evolutionary process is Richard Dawkins' The Blind Watchmaker which is available for a song on all the used book services on the net (but this book is worthy of tracking down the original hardcover, with dust jacket -- wrap it in a polymer slip-casing). Our Atheism and Awareness Index (Articles, Editorials) contains several articles by Dawkins, and a wonderful piece by Robert T. Pennock which compares the attitudes of young-earth creationism with the notion that we are related to the Bonobo Chimpanzee.

However, the thing to remember is that any creationist model is not science simply because it admittedly does not deal entirely in the physical realm; thus, it does not belong in the science classes.