What Is The Bible To You?
Vince

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Welvis Tarn"
Subject: Re: Hi
Date: Sunday, March 25, 2001 6:19 AM

Political tract, oppressive dogma, and gratuitous pornography -- in that order.

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Welvis Tarn"
Subject: Re: Me again :)
Date: Monday, March 26, 2001 4:59 AM

I am not in to counting e-mails. I did it a few weeks ago, if I remember, and perhaps that's already posted.

I would believe that a god existed if someone were to give me a convincing reason to believe that a god actually existed. So far, nobody has even come close -- usually because the "God" proponents, almost to a man, disqualify themselves by being caught telling lies for the purpose of trying to convince me that theirs is a position of truthfulness. Others insist that I prove that no gods exist. That's not how it works: when it comes to god-claims, it's the theist's role to make the case that gods exist, and it's the atheist's role to sit and listen until such time as a convincing argument comes by. If you wish to give it a try (and are willing to be polite about it), be my guest: the first order of business would be to describe to me what you are talking about when you utter the sound "God."