More Speculation
About That Damn 'H'
Dave Clarke

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Dave Clarke"
Subject: Re: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
Date: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 8:07 PM

IHS, I guess, being a contraction of IHSVS, would then be the Greek equivalent of shouting "Jeez!"

Obviously the "Where The 'H' Came From" letter is a tongue-in-cheek comment on a tennis association's rules which were obviously written by someone who either had too much clout or was a bit sensitive. Or both.

Added: June 6, 2001

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Dave Clarke"
Date: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:36 AM

Just in case a few readers didn't get it, I wanted to make sure that nobody took this too seriously. Also, I just had to rub it in about having so much clout that one's specific religious views get to prevail over everyone else's by becoming policy.