  • From: "Kristen"
    To: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
    Subject: Positive_Atheism_Letters_Section
    Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 4:15 PM

    Hi Cliff! I just finished reading your battle with Megan Vrolijk, and I want you to know that you have (in a sense) just saved my husband's sanity. He has just been discharged from a rehab center for drug addiction. He is a scientist and a confirmed atheist. He has been fully entangled in the web of AA, NA and CA for one week now. He came to me last night, absolutely shaken and frightened, because in the lowest week of his life, the "professionals" who were supposed to be helping him, told him that if he didn't embrace the 12 steps and "find a higher power" that he was doomed to relapse. Doomed to relapse. They actually said that to him every day.

    So, I just printed out close to 20 pages of your text, and I cannot wait to run home at lunch and hand it to him. I will be handing him Hope.

    I just wanted to thank you for this site. It is a true gift to us.

    Thank You, Cliff!

    Kristen