In England, Even The
Church Don't Believe In God!
Dr Brian Ryan

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Dr B J Ryan"
Subject: Re: Alteration.
Date: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 9:44 PM

America is a fruitful "harvest ground" for religious nuts of all persuasions. We haven't had a Holocaust on our soil in recent memory, so we don't have the dangers of religion and religious bigotry pounded into the very forefront of our awareness.

Also, with the pretense of Religious Liberty placed into the very first sentence of our Bill of Rights, it's next to impossible to put the brakes on truly abusive and truly dangerous religious practices -- such as allowing the children to die of easily treated diseases because the religion encourages that sick people be anointed with oil and prayed over. Only a few years ago (in Oregon, where I live), did the State begin allowing the prosecution of parents who let their children die of medical neglect -- but even so, they have a real tough time prosecuting these cases. And George II and company want to further liberalize these laws. Methinks religion should be held to the same standards as everybody else -- if a faith healer doesn't cut it, he gets prosecuted for medical malpractice just like a doctor who committed fraud.