She Prays Atheist's
Words Will Strangle Him
Gary Poore

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Gary Poore"
Subject: Re: PA-via_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: Sunday, July 29, 2001 11:34 PM

The title came from the name of the newsletter I used to edit: "Critical Thinker."

When they cannot respond to your argument, the only thing left is to try to shut you up. Thus far in the West, we have had a 140-year reprieve from them being allowed to kill us. May this reprieve end up being permanent. And may that end up being because we were right, not simply because we deserve the right to speak. But, may we deserve the right to speak even if we are wrong. For this reason, I don't try to shut Christians up, but stand firmly for their right to speak and to practice their religion. It's a lot of work and is trying, at times, but this is the only way we get the right to refrain from practicing their religion in peace.