God Wants Don To Pray?
What If God Doesn't Answer?
Gregory Tinkler

From: "Gregory Tinkler"
To: "Positive Atheism Magazine"
Sent: August 20, 2001
Subject: eml8920.htm

So the question is (sorry if I missed this in your response), if God hath laid it upon the heart of Don to prayest for Cliff, doth this mean that the issue of Cliff Walker's salvation is now solely in the hands of this one guy? And if Cliff goes to hell, will God be pissed at Don? Or does God just want an independent third party verification on his Faith-based program?

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine"
To: "Gregory Tinkler"
Subject: Re: eml8920.htm
Date: August 20, 2001

I never thought of it that way: If God wants us to pray for things (and the Bible says He does) and then we pray but God doesn't answer those prayers -- what gives?

From: "Gregory Tinkler"
To: "Positive Atheism Magazine"
Date: August 20, 2001

Its nothing but a mind-fuck, if the buybull god exists.

Perhaps another way of redirecting church members' concerns -- instead of leaving your congregation to think on their own, and possibly come up with gripes, give them those imaginary demons to chase. They will focus their energies on thinking 1) your salvation is their responsibility and 2) they can actually do something about it.

A red herring, if you will.

Or a prime example of Bible Logic.

Graphic Rule

Material by Cliff Walker (including unsigned editorial commentary) is copyright ©1995–2010 by Cliff Walker. Each submission is copyrighted by its writer, who retains control of the work except that by submitting it to Positive Atheism, permission has been granted to Positive Atheism to use the material or an edited version: (1) on the Positive Atheism web site; (2) in Positive Atheism Magazine; (3) in subsequent works controlled by Cliff Walker or Positive Atheism Magazine (including published or posted compilations). Excerpts not exceeding 500 words are allowed provided the proper copyright notice is affixed. Other use requires permission; Positive Atheism will work to protect the rights of all who submit their writings to us.