The Value Of Human Life
Andy Prescott

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Prescott, Andy"
Subject: Re: Thanks To Everyone
Date: September 13, 2001 3:34 AM

I go further (and have for some time) by suggesting (insisting) that a long-term, armed military officer, representing the interests of the United States, be aboard any commercial aircraft (including UPS and FedEx and similar freight) which flies within U.S. airspace.

It seems as if we spend more on the Secret Service protecting our President (and ex-presidents and their wives) than we do protecting our citizens from hijacking. It is being said that the people just didn't want this, that this would impair flying's competitive edge for shipping and travel. I reply that flying's competitive edge is false, because flying has cut so many corners.

In sum, that they could successfully hijack four commercial passenger airliners at the same time speaks volumes, and I say that the blame rests mainly upon those who decided to cut corners with security.