Pat Robertson:
A Terrorist
In His Own Right
Chris Basten

Note that this came in before the infamous September 14 dialogue between Rev. Falwell and Rev. Robertson, wheren Falwell blames civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, to which Rev. Robertson agreed.

Graphic Rule

PROPHECY

Pat Robertson Reveals Warning from God

September 11, 2001

CBN.com -- At CBN's 2001 Labor Day Prayer Meeting, Pat Robertson spoke about what God revealed to him during a recent time of intense prayer:

1. God would bring revival to the United States.

2. The United States, as the defender of Israel, would soon become the target of terrorist attacks on our soil.

3. This message came eight days before the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Watch Pat Robertson's full commentary about what he has heard from God.

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Chris Basten"
Subject: Re: Pat Robertson: A terrorist in his own right
Date: September 13, 2001 5:58 AM

We decided to splurge and eat some good food for once, so we went in and all the TV sets were blasting as loud as I ever allow my karaoke shows. It was the Chaplain of Congress talking about how "God is everywhere." I didn't stick around long enough to figure out just how that applies to yesterday's tragedy.

I could only think of the 1968 song from the Animals called "Sky Pilot." Almost everybody has heard this song, but very few realize that the sky pilot is the chaplain. Give it another listen and tell me it's not one of the most scathing denunciations of religion to come from that era. I think the only reason it made it on the charts was because the radio station managers were too stupid to understand what the song was about.

I just could not fathom all the prayers and announcements of church meetings when it is so clear that religion is the cause of this. They train themselves to believe that the other guy's religion is just a Great Satan.

If you study the religious trends in Europe, it becomes clear that World War II was a deciding factor in ending that continent's sixteen-century love affair with the Christian religion. I predict that America's love affair with that same dangerous way of thinking ends up being severely crippled by this incident. If not, a few more like it (which are inevitable) will surely get many religious people thinking.