From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: [name removed]
Subject: Why We Boycott Those Seeking To Squash Religious Liberties
Date: October 18, 2001 8:30 AM

The SPAM you sent us contains the following message:

Not that we would ever do business with SPAMmers -- we don't. But if we did, here's why this one line in your ad copy cost you our business and that of numerous concerned Americans.

Because certain politicians had the indiscretion to sing the song "God Bless America" on national television, dark and destructive forces that have for decades tried to wipe out the Religious Liberties once guaranteed by the United States Constitution are now exploiting this "precedent," done during an act of passion, and have convinced Congress to vote to allow schools to display this patently divisive message.

Thus, the phrase "God Bless America" has become the slogan of those who would squash Religious Liberty and replace it with the views of a single religious sect dominating government life. What was once an uplifting song and message for some (but not all) Americans has now become an extremely divisive war cry, if you will.

"In God We Trust," placed on our money during the jingoistic and hysterical McCarthy Era of the 1950s was not good enough for them. "Under God," inserted into our Pledge of Allegiance during the same McCarthy Era, was not good enough for them. These greedy bastards want more! More!! MORE!!!

Thus, when a business uses the slogan "God Bless America" in their advertisements these days, we know that they are the enemies of Religious Liberty because they are propagating the slogan, the "war cry," of the movement currently bent on squashing the American Way -- Equal Religious Liberties For All by allowing No Special Favors For Any!