Determine Truth
By Threatening Physical Violence
Alex Neciosup Acuna

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Alex Neciosup Acuna"
Subject: Re: You better be right
Date: December 06, 2001 2:38 AM

You show such unmitigated disregard for truthfulness that you would stoop to threatening someone with physical violence unless they agree with you?

"Agree with me, you wicked man, you! 'Cause if you don't, then you'll end up in the most horrible pain imaginable!"

This is what you're saying! This is precisely what you're saying!

Whatever happened to the process of demonstrating the truthfulness of your claim? Or is the Christian religion's claim to truthfulness so utterly vacant that you must threaten people in order to get them to join your sect?

Is it the Christian religion that has given you this perspective on truthfulness? If so, please keep this rot very far away from my children! (Keep it away from me, while you're at it!)

"As for Christianity's alleged concern with truth, Christian faith is to free inquiry what the Mafia is to free enterprise. Christianity may be represented as a competitor in the realm of ideas to be considered on the basis of its merits, but this is mere disguise. Like the Mafia, if Christianity fails to defeat its competition by legitimate means (which is a forgone conclusion), it resorts to strong-arm tactics. Have faith or be damned -- this biblical doctrine alone is enough to exclude Christianity from the domain of reason.
     -- George H. Smith, Atheism: The Case Against God (p. 169)

Yes, please (PLEASE!) keep this Christian rot away from our children!