Knocked To The Ground
By The Power Of God
Clay Boyd

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Clay Boyd"
Subject: Re: A Thinker
Date: December 12, 2001 1:00 PM

1. Can you eliminate all other explanations (both known and unknown) for what has happened to you, thus forcing us to conclude both (a) that it was Jesus and (b) that it could not have been any other phenomenon that humans either currently know about or have yet to discover?

2. If your experience is proof that Jesus is who you say he is, then what does my experience prove? My grandfather lived the final one-third of his life in excruciating pain, and he wasted away much of the family estate seeking a cure for his illness and well-deserved relief from the pain (which only ever came while he slept). While I was a Christian, I prayed for him constantly. I would have given up anything and everything if that was what it took to get his pain to go away. What do my futile prayers, plus those of numerous faith healers mean -- men of God, all, I am sure -- who let me witness the power in them, all of whom prayed that God would visit my grandfather and heal his illness and relieve his pain? All this, of course, was done in Jesus name. This is my experience: what does it all mean?

3. Can you explain the power of Sai Baba and thousands of others in India who perform such fantastically wonderful feats day in and day out that Christian missionaries who go to India to tell people about the miracle-filled life of Jesus and the other wonders in the Bible seem tame and almost boring by comparison? If miracles demonstrate the power of Jesus, then what do the miracles of the Indian swamis demonstrate?

4. If you had supernatural powers and wished to demonstrate to others that you have those powers, would you do so by pulling rabbits out of a hat?

If you could shed some light on these questions, I might better appreciate your story about Jesus.

Added: January 11, 2002

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Clay Boyd"
Date: January 11, 2002 11:58 AM

Please answer my questions if you wish to have any credibility with us or our readers:

We have heard people make claims along these lines thousands of times, but nobody is willing to provide us with strong reasons for believing that those claims are true. If you do not address these questions, then your communication is not a message at all, but merely letters of the Roman alphabet strung together in a meaningless sequence.