From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Larry Roberts"
Subject: Re: How Could Intelligent, Educated People Believe This
Date: January 02, 2002 7:54 AM

I have read the Bible as you said, and am convinced that it is at best an elaborate series of hoaxes -- but sometimes I feel that even that is to give it too much credit.

If you think it is true, the burden is yours to make a convincing case that it is. Anybody can say, "It's true! It's true!" I'm tired of that being the only thing that a Christian says on this forum when he writes.

I am also tired of hearing the slander, "the fool hath said in his heart, there is no God." For you to write that falsehood alone is sufficient to exclude you from being taken seriously by us.

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Larry Roberts"
Date: January 02, 2002 8:00 AM

Who said that I believe there is no god? Please provide the URL or give the page and date of the magazine where I said this. You are not giving yourself a very good start by telling so many lies in your first two letters.

Nevertheless, just because someone believes there is no god does not make it false, either.

Just because the statement "a god exists" is unfalsifiable does not mean it is true or that it is not false, it only means that it is unfalsifiable. I still have no more business believing an unfalsifiable claim than I do believing a false one, because an unfalsifiable claim is likewise unverifiable. Thus, if it is unverifiable, I have no business telling people that it's true.