Will Terrorism Distract Bush
From His Faith-Based Plans
Ken Kaiser

"I wonder -- had this happened, had Bush experienced a change and decided to toe the Constitutional line as if the life of our country depended on it, would some have objected? (They faulted us for questioning what he did.) How could anyone have been anything but uplifted by the inclusiveness of a truly American Day of Remembrance?"

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Ken Kaiser"
Subject: Re: Latest column
Date: October 24, 2001 8:02 PM

On the other hand, if he keeps us busy putting out little state-church fires, perhaps we won't notice his other, more dangerous International policy plans. September 11 changed everything, and now he must spin it so it looks like a God (us) versus Satan (them) thing.

I don't have time to do "Apocalypso" but would host it if someone else wanted to do the work. I have lots of stories ready for formatting and posting, but it's all I can do to keep up with Letters and Quotes, which are vastly more popular than Apox was (I'm sorry to say, as I loved Apox myself -- that's why I put so much into it while I was doing it; I've been collecting weird news since I was a little boy).