From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Wayland Dong"
Subject: Re: Patriotic Can
Date: February 12, 2002 8:16 PM

Dr Pepper CanGood! This clearly shows that they're doing it for what we would consider the right reasons. I have heard this wording attributed to the company, but your copy is the first that we can verify.

With this (admittedly oblique, albeit controversial) admission on the part of the bottling company, we have now heard, very clearly, the most powerful expression of this specific message to date (since the 1950s, and it really did not need to be said before then). With the rapid "adjustments" in America's population reported a few months ago and reiterated in our Dr Pepper e-list dispatch, I am even becoming hopeful that I might live to see some of plunder (as that's what it is) put back into its proper place. Gaud nose that both the Pledge and the money jingle have been sore spots for me since I was a small child (I can remember feeling "weird" about the Pledge as early as age five and can remember openly questioning the money at age seven or eight, which was about when it started to come out en masse [1964]).

This would truly bring about reconciliation, not simply amidst the termoil in my heart, having always held a profound love for my country and a tremendous respect for her founding principles, but for the founding principles of our country herself.