From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "John Flaschberger"
Subject: Re: WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: April 26, 2002 12:21 AM

Have a nice life!

Six-and-a-half years of service
    to people with no reason to believe

This is a boilerplate (autoresponder) message that we send to that bum who insults your wife and then asks you for a cigarette, and then wants you to light it for him! The tailor-made (Al) Jaffee is, "Do you want me to smoke it for you as well?"

Too late! Just check the other account, okay? Then go ahead and figure out where they keep the "Reply To" field in that other e-mail program. If it's somebody else's account, then change it when you log on and then put it back the way you found it when you're done. It's that simple!

I am a fully disabled man who can produce about one-third what an able-bodied worker is able to produce with the same skills (which is still a lot of work). Nevertheless I processes well over 300 e-mails on the slowest of days. As often as not I finish the e-mail portion of the day's work by sundown (meaning that I get to start my real work about the time everybody else knocks off for the day to enjoy all the time they saved by palming certain responsibilities onto others).

So many people want me to cover for this one chore that it behooves me to create a boilerplate response just to send a message to those who will not to go to the effort of entering their main e-mail address into the "Reply To" field of their secondary, online, friend's, or back-up e-mail account. Maybe eventually things will change.

(Ah! Keep dreaming, Cliff!)

* This is "Vanity Plate-ese," formerly known as "CDB," for: "I am too lazy to set up two accounts at once to think you are all that busy."