From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: [unsigned]
Subject: Re: question
Date: October 18, 2002 7:39 AM

We suggest, then, that you learn how to read and write.

We do not accept the burden of providing you with an education.

Think what you want. We're not here to try to talk you out of it. If you want to jump, feel free, be our guest, and have at it -- if that's what you want to do.

Meanwhile, we stand by every nuance of our initial assessment of Mr. Furman's letter, regardless of your posturing about honesty.

Seven years of service to people
    with no reason to believe

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: [unsigned]
Date: October 20, 2002 3:21 PM

Keep in mind that we did not write to you, but you wrote to us.

Keep in mind that each week between ten and thirty people write here to claim that they have The One True Proof of something for which I have absolutely no interest: religion. Why they do this is beyond me, but they do.

And each one has a book to sell. I could sympathize if they were trying to peddle their own books, works they'd authored themselves. But no: very few of these semi-literate Goofuses could pull off writing even the title page of a book, much less knock off whole books.

So they cover up their own lack of fortitude by jumping up and down about what others have said! And I'm not talking about a simple healthy interest in the opinions of others, perhaps in the interest of openness or balance; I'm referring to such a whopper of an obsession toward the works of a specific individual that you'd hit people over the head for their indifference toward this individual.

Hey! Just because you're too unimaginative to lead your own life, don't go telling me to follow somebody else! Or will convincing others to make the same mistake soften the pangs of shame you feel from your own lack of creativity?

Keep in mind that if you wish to stand out among those others and actually get our attention, you'll need to give us a reason to take you seriously.

Keep in mind that unless and until you learn how to read and write, you will have a very tough time getting other people to take you seriously.

Seven years of service to people
    with no reason to believe

Graphic Rule Sp:5
Graphic Rule Ender 10Graphic Rule Sp:0Graphic Rule Ender 10
Graphic Rule Sp:5