From: "Positive Atheism Magazine" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Kim Westcott"
Subject: Re: WebMaster:_Positive_Atheism_Index
Date: January 05, 2004 7:17 PM

It is clear that you did not read any more of our web site than the title.

It is also quite apparent that you are indeed interested in making this project look unbecoming -- even if only within the confines of your own mind. Could it be that this is an atheistic project? a work designed to improve the lot of those who are at best indifferent toward religious matters? Is it possible, in your mind, for anything relating to atheism to be good?

You would not be asking us about "organized atheist communities," "organized atheism," or even "improving our society," if you had bothered to venture over to our Frequently Asked Questions section, perused any half-dozen Replies to Our Readers' Letters, checked out a year's worth of our publisher's Monthly Editorial Column, or even read our project's "Introduction to Activistic Atheism." You might have done well to check our statement against organized atheism, Why Advocate For Individual Activists? which is linked from each of the above-linked documents!*

Instead, the chances are (statistically) that you would be asking how you might help this project accomplish her goals.

You can spare yourself a lot of embarrassment in the future if you would simply get into the habit of first spending even a few minutes investigating the party you're trying to make look bad before you start launching your salvoes against him -- especially when that party is the publisher of a journal, be it print or online.

Cliff Walker, Publisher
"Positive Atheism" Magazine
Eight-and-one-third years of service to

    • Note:
    • Although "Why Advocate For Individual Activists?" is linked from each of the other linked pages, as stated in my Reply, this fact did not dawn on me until after I had sent my Reply off to the writer and was about to complete the rough-draft formatting of this post. Therefore, the sentence marked with an asterisk (*) was added at the time of posting.

Graphic Rule