Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: "Reverend [name withheld]"
Date: November 17, 2003 10:29 PM

No kidding!

Okay. That explains everything. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Check this out:
http://www.positiveatheism.org/mail/emlabout.htm
It's our Guidelines for Submission. It's a legal and binding contract that you enter into when you submit material to our magazine. All magazines have one of these. We're one of the few that has such a high degree of respect for our readers that we have made ours more than obvious (nearly impossible to miss) and have written it in such a pedantic style that nobody can mistake what it is saying.

We will gladly post or attach a rebuttal if you care to write one, but we will not delete any letter without a court order to put in its place. If you examine the links called, "Previous" and "Next" at the top of our individual letters, paying close attention to how they work (what they do, etc.), you'll have just one of the many reasons why we do things this way.

Meanwhile, if you would simply stop entering your own name into the search engines then you wouldn't have this problem any more.

You're probably the only person in the world who has ever entered your particular name in to an Internet search engine. When you do that, something is going to come out at the top of the list. It works the same way as the lottery does: in any given game, somebody's going to win the jackpot. That's just how life is. Don't let it bother you so much, okay?

Eight years of service to people
    with no reason to believe

Graphic Rule