From: "Positive Atheism" <editor@positiveatheism.org>
To: Janet Safty MacDonald
Subject: Re: You are an idiot.
Sent: April 25, 2004 10:31

I don't know who "Moron" is. (That's not my name, it's "Cliff," for your future reference.) But I strongly suggest that you learn a little about what evolutionists teach. And I strongly suggest that you start getting your science education from scientists and that you stop trying to learn about science from preachers.

If you would do these two simple things, then I promise that your understanding of these matters will be more accurate and you will be able to spare yourself the embarrassment of having to eat your words in public forums such as this one.

Speaking of which, if you'd learn the basics of grammar and spelling, then people might take your writings more seriously.

Clear Spacer
Shortest Graphic Rule 0
Shortest Graphic Rule 1
Shortest Graphic Rule 0
Clear Spacer

I have examined the Christian god-claims for myself (very thoroughly, I might add; I've fielded thousands of individual god-claims throughout my life). Having done this, I find the Christian god-claim to be wholly untenable. This means that I cannot believe the claims to be true and still consider myself an honest man of moral integrity. No matter how tough Christians (and others) make life for me, I still must follow truth wherever she may lead, regardless of what I think about it.

Shortest Graphic Rule

Interestingly, more evolutionists are Christians than are atheists: they tell me that the Bible teaches that species change from one kind into another. The passages in question escape me at the moment, but you can find them, I'm sure, on their web sites about theistic evolution.

Clear Spacer
Shortest Graphic Rule 0
Shortest Graphic Rule 1
Shortest Graphic Rule 0
Clear Spacer

Besides, how did God get here? Did somebody just snap their fingers or something and there He was? Did they just think Him up on a sunny day with nothing better to do? If you demand that I explain the existence of the Universe because (you imply) that it's so complex (though it isn't), then all the more must I insist that you explain the existence of your Creator God, because by definition (your definition), He is even more complex than the Universe! (He has to be more complex than the Universe: He created the Universe, fo guard snakes -- or so the story goes!)

Clear Spacer
Shortest Graphic Rule 0
Shortest Graphic Rule 1
Shortest Graphic Rule 0
Clear Spacer

Notwithstanding, if I thought there was a chance that the Christian god-claim were true, that is, if I thought that the Christian ogre-god could possibly exist, I would do everything in my power to escape the clutches of His brutal inferno. But as I mentioned, I have examined this claim more than thoroughly and have found it to be wholly wanting (Daniel 5:25).

Have a nice life nonetheless, okay?

Eight-and-two-thirds years of service
      to people with no reason to believe

Graphic Rule