Anomalies Regarding Jesus
(Who May Not Have Even Existed)
Jenny Sidery

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism"
To: "Jennifer Sidery"
Subject: Positive Atheism Letters Section
Date: November 23, 2004 13:46

G. A. Wells has several books out.

PAM Correspondent Gary Sloan has this article, too, and a letter to us telling about his article.

However, I think the Jesus Agnosticism of Robert M. Price (Deconstructing Jesus) is the most intellectually honest way to go. Check the first three or so chapters of this book: they changed my entire outlook several years ago (just two or three chapters) and I don't see myself changing again any time soon.

Jesus Agnosticism essentially says that we do not know enough to even say whether or not a Jesus existed or if so, what he may have been like. It acknowledges that the further back you go toward the first century B.C.E., the more varied the sects become in regards to their teachings about Jesus.

The Church teaches that there was one sect which became corrupt and begat many sects. Jesus Agnosticism says that there were many sects at first, and then one became very powerful, swallowed up the rest, and then wrote the Bible and its own version of Church history up to that point.

Hope this helps!

Take care.

Entering our 10th year of service
   to people with no reason to believe