A Seemingly Small Act of
Recognition and Support
Brad J. Broyles, M.D.

Graphic Rule

From: "Positive Atheism"
To: "Brad J. Broyles M.D."
Subject: 2001 Article BJB MD
Date: October 05, 2004

Hey, thanks!

Now this is a real twist: so many people find their letter and write terse demands that I take it down. Eeeek!

As much as I loathe the continued outpouring of anger from Steppers for my position, I must continually remind myself that I got my start in this project as a lone, rejected, fiercely hated Stepper, struggling in behalf of those addicted people who are, to this day, being exploited by America's State Religion, Alcoholics Anonymous, and its recruiting arm, America's criminal justice system (not to mention the professional boards, welfare and child services agencies, unions [!], and now, tissue committees) who require not that you solve your problem but that you become as entangled with "The Program" (in a different respect) as the government itself has become. It's only fair to remind our readers that America's past two Presidents have admitted to having been Steppers at one point or another.

America's State Religion?

Yup!

I now grapple with the steep, steep learning curve of a whole computer full of new software. With this I shall (hopefully) start to get caught up with my 2300 letter-plus backlog (due mostly to a prolonged and wildly debilitating and illness). In the interim I'll go ahead and slip your letter into the fray. Between all the hostile and arrogant letters we get, I sense the need to ring in an air of appreciation and gratitude.

Thanks again for your wonderful note of encouragement!

Entering our 10th year of service
   to people with no reason to believe

Graphic Rule