You Are Giving
Decent Atheists
Such Bad Names

[Too Chickenshit to Sign]

From: [Too Chickenshit to Sign]
To: “Positive Atheism”
Subject: original idea
Date: Monday, 20 December 2004

Just stop. you are as bad as the theists. if atheism is “no big deal”, then why make a whole web site about it? You are being just as pathetic. Such lame-asses. You are giving decent atheists such bad names.

From: “Positive Atheism”
To: [Too Chickenshit to Sign]
Subject: Same Old (Unoriginal) Slander
Date: December 22, 2004

If atheism is “no big deal” as you suggest, then why are you so anxious about what we do?

(Do you even know what we do? Have you read our FAQ? Are you simply responding to the great big word at the top of our front page? Might you be judging us on the basis of previous experiences you’ve had with others who called themselves “atheists”? Or could it be that you've bought in to the bullshit about atheism that a large fraction of religious preachers have laid on our society?)

If atheism is “no big deal” as you suggest, then why are you so ardent in your desire to shut down a lowly atheistic web site? (This one is, among other things, a project dedicated to stopping bigotry against those without a god-belief.) May I assume that you also call the hobby of collecting Pez™ dispensers “no big deal”? If so, do you likewise write insulting letters to collectors of Pez™ dispensers who erect web sites to celebrate, support, and promote this hobby, simply because you don’t think very highly of what they do?

If “decent atheists” are, by definition, those who do not make web sites or otherwise express themselves, then how can you pretend to speak for “decent atheists” if they, by definition, remain hidden from you and thus unknown by you?

Finally, if you want people to take your opinions seriously, then why didn’t you sign your letter?

Cliff Walker
“Positive Atheism” Magazine
Entering our 10th year of service
    to people with no reason to believe